Mother’s Day Gift Idea: Alite Advanced LED Plant Grow Light
Summer takes a very long time to arrive in the northern states. I love to garden, so one of my favorite ways to beat the endless-winter blues is to start seedlings inside and keep potted plants around to keep some green in our house year round. My indoor gardening selection is restricted by plants-that-are-not-poisonous-to-the-damn-cat (how I miss thee, tulips…) but even those give me a good selection to keep from going crazy. Our apartment doesn’t get a lot of morning light so I was very excited to get to try out the Alite Advanced LED Plant Grow Light to give my plants some extra TLC, just in time for my first Mother’s Day. If your mom/aunt/grandma loves to garden, keep reading to see if the Alite Advanced LED Plant Grow Light might be a winner for this year’s gift.
- Provides artificial sunlight for indoor plant cultivation
- 12 LED Lights (3 blue & 9 red) to provide optimum wavelengths for your plants
- Energy Efficient — lasts an average of 50,000 hours!
- Never overheats — designed for safe continuous usage
- Input Voltage: AC85 – 264V
- Lighting Area with One Bulb: 2-8 square feet
- Standare E27 socket (12V)
Cute and Cuddly Premium Pet Odor and Stain Removal Spray Review
Little puppies and kitties are outrageously cute. Just type in cute puppy or kitty into YouTube and say goodbye to the rest of your day. What they don’t tell you, or certainly not what they tell you nearly enough is that their outrageous cuteness is matched by their outrageous ability to make messes. Everywhere. All the time. So here is something that will save your life (or more likely your furniture and security deposit). It’s an enzyme odor and stain remover and all pet owners need this!
- Bio- enzymatic stain and odor removal
- Permanently removes stains and odors left by pets (doesn’t just mask them)
- 100% safe and does not include any chemicals that will harm either you or your pets
- Will not harm your floors or furniture
- Money back purchase so you get it risk free
Vegan Pasta Alfredo Recipe
Whether you are in the mood for a delicious pasta dish or just want some alfredo sauce without the saturated fat and cholesterol of the dairy-based version, you are in for a treat. Here is a quick and easy recipe for completely vegan, but more importantly, completely scrumptious alfredo sauce. With lots of good proteins, fats and nutrients, this recipe is very well rounded. Pour over your favorite pasta, add a veggie on the side and enjoy!
1 medium chopped onion
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3+ Cloves of garlic (the more the merrier)
¾ cup cashews
8oz silken tofu
¼ cup nutritional yeast
~2 cups of water or veggie stock
1Tbsp. lemon juice (it adds a surprisingly large amount of flavor)
Salt, pepper, garlic powder and Turmeric Continue Reading…
Kitchen Supreme Glass French Coffee & Tea Press Review
I grew up drinking tea from a glass tea press, but ended up going for the convenience of tea bags during and post college. Now I want to get back to drinking nice quality tea using tea leaves in a tea press to minimize the waste of the bags and drink better tea. So I really wanted to try out a nice glass French Press to get away from plastics and have much more flavorful and enjoyable experience, especially for me since I don’t need caffeine to stay awake and I just drink tea for the taste and comfort. I was fortunate enough to get to try out the Kitchen Supreme Glass French Press and wanted to share my experience.
- Comes in a bundle of the French Press, a stainless steel spoon, 4 filter screens, a coffee/tea scoop and a hardcopy of their Instructions and Barista Secrets book
- The container is glass with stainless steel micro-mesh filters
- Made from double borosilicate glass, which means that it is heat resistant and shock resistant so it will not crack
- Dishwasher safe
- Very nice looking chrome finish
- Makes 8 cups or 34oz, which is a perfect size
- Can be used with both coarse-ground coffee as well as loose tea leaves
- Has a no-drip spout
- Money back guarantee with full refund
Perfect Natural Soap & Face Wash Review!
Do you like putting crap on your hands and face? No? Neither do I! We have so much in common. So perhaps you’d be interested in finding out more about Perfect Natural Soap and Face Wash. I think you would be interested in organic ingredients without any harsh chemicals that can irritate your skin. You would also be interested in finding out more about this excellent soap and face wash. Here’s a bit more info about it:
- 98% organic ingredients, and nothing synthetic at all
- NO Fillers, Fragrances, Detergents, Lathering Agents, Parabens, Phthalates, Silicones, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Triclosan
- Gentle enough to use on your face and hair
- Hypoallergenic so it’s safe to use even on sensitive skin
- 100% Money back guarantee for a full refund if not satisfied
KPKitchen Pancake Batter Dispenser Review!
I. Love. Pancakes. Always have and always will. (See: Can’t Believe It’s Vegan Pancakes, Double Chocolate Vegan Pancakes, Vegan Butter Pecan Maple Syrup) Something about them is just fantastic in every way. I was thrilled to have the excuse to make more pancakes using the KPKitchen Batter Dispenser. This is their new model, which improved on some of the previous flaws and made for an overall better experience. Turned out that I was in for a very pleasant surprise. Here is some of what I found out:
- The new model has a new handle bar, which lasts much better and is less likely to break with continued use
- Makes for a less messy pancake experience
- Makes perfect pancakes
- Makes it easy to make different shapes (i.e. Mickey!)
- Makes for easy cupcakes, muffing and waffles too
- 100% Money back guarantee for a full refund if not satisfied
HelloFresh Review and $40 Off Coupon Code!
Wifey and I love cooking. Did we ever mention that? So when we found out that there is a way to cook new fresh home cooked recipes without having to even get the ingredients from the supermarket, we said, “Yes please!” We decided to try out the HelloFresh subscription food delivery service with a sweet discount code (see below for the code). Long story short… we loved it! Read below to find out why!
- Choose 3 delicious recipes on their website each week
- All ingredients needed for those 3 meals come straight to your door with free delivery!
- Everything is farm-fresh and the produce is delicious
- Flexible subscription so you can skip any weeks you want
- You get a very nice preprinted color booklet that include the recipes, cooking instructions and even a step by step picture that shows you how to prep the meal- the booklets are higher quality than other services we’ve tried
- All ingredients are pre-measured so you only have to chop and toss in, no guesswork required
- Choose what day of the week you want your food to arrive
- Vegetarian options are always available and we veganize them with ease.
Kiva Gourmet Hot + Sweet Smoked Spanish Paprika Review
Getting cool new spices for a foodie like me is a little more exciting than it probably should be. So, needless to say, I was pretty eager to try out the Kiva Gourmet hot and sweet smoked paprika. I have always been fascinated by paprika. It’s in so many recipes but most of the time if you left it out you wouldn’t notice much of a difference. Or at least so I thought until I realized that has a lot to do with the kind of paprika you add. This is where the high quality and rich flavor of Kiva Hot and Sweet Smoked Paprika comes in.
- One sweet and one hot paprika bottle for different flavors and dishes
- Imported from the famous La Vera region of Spain
- This paprika is made in small batches for a gourmet aroma and flavor
- Hand-harvested and smoke dried for a minimum of 14 days
- Sourced directly from local farmers that practice sustainable and eco-friendly methods
Vegan Matcha Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Matcha is a new health food item in our pantry but one that has an immense amount of health benefits. So we’ve been trying to find more ways to add matcha into our lives and came up with this little delicious muffin recipe.
1 ¾ Cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. Arrowroot powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. Matcha
2/3 cup almond milk
2 Tbsp. squeezed lemon juice
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup olive oil
2/3 mashed banana
½ cup dark chocolate chips
The Bath Outlet Glady Line Review!
I’m not a neat freak, but I do like certain things organized. I got pretty excited when I saw the Glady line of bathroom accessories because I instantly thought about how much more organized we can make our bathroom. Plus all of their products looks pretty and shiny so we were more than glad to give them a try.
- Stylish bathroom accessories in a nice variety of beautiful colors
- Has the look of real glass without the worry of it breaking or shattering
- Made from thermoplastic resin
- There is a whole line of different products from soap dishes to toothbrush holders
- 5 year product warranty
- These guys make the bathroom so much more beautiful and organized!
- I love that you can choose from 8 different colors, including non-transparent black or white
- They are very high quality and look just like glass except they are shatter proof so you don’t have to be so delicate with them
- We got the soap dish and toothbrush holder and both were awesome