Why My Stroller is Collecting Dust…
I love my Britax stroller – it’s sturdy, easy to unfold, and baby’s car seat clips right in. I (almost) never use it. Am I a hermit who never goes outside? Only when a new version of Civ comes out. Hubby, baby and I take daily walks with the dog, go grocery shopping, and even hit up the occasional festival or restaurant (ah, the crazy social life of the new parent). So how do we do that with a baby in tow and no stroller? Baby-wearing.
I started wearing baby from the day after she was born. Wearing her around the house for a couple of hours each day gives her some skin-to-skin contact and gives me some hands free time to do the dishes, write a blog post, or give the furbabies some love. For the first couple months of her life, the only way she would take her morning nap was snuggled up to her papa or me. Once we started going out for walks and on more outings after the winter-to-end-all-winters finally ended in CT, we quickly realized that wearing baby had great advantages while out and about too. She’s more likely to sleep, I can keep a closer tab on her moods and needs (and keep the paci in when needed), and most well-meaning but potentially germy strangers won’t touch the baby without permission when she’s snuggled against my boobs (although not all — this is a social no-no people!). With some mommy-ninja skills, I can even breastfeed on the go with baby in the carrier.
When Baby More Co. offered us the change to try out their Baby Wrap Carrier, we jumped at the chance. The more carriers we have, the better the chance that there will be one nearby when baby needs some carry time. One in the bedroom, one by the door, one in the car, and one in the diaper bag (different kinds).
General Baby-wearing Features:
- Keeps baby nearby so you can easily attend to his wants/needs
- Gives baby just enough view of the world to observe and learn without sensory overload
- Skin-to-skin contact has amazing benefits for babies
- Babies who are worn cry less (I can attest to this one!)
- Keeps your hands free to do much needed adult things, like cooking, cleaning, working on the computer, etc.
Product Features: Continue Reading…
Vitamin D Gummy Bears: For Kids & Adults (Vegan/Vegetarian) Review
Living in the New England means a few things: people are very serious about their clam chowder, real estate prices are high and most people do not get enough sun to get maintain the necessary amount of Vitamin D in their bodies. I have been trying to get my own Vitamin D #’s up but have had a hard time remembering to take supplements. Remembering to eat something yummy and delicious, however, I tend to remember quite well. This leads me to the perfect solution, Vitamin D gummy bears!
- The gummy bears are 100% Gluten Free and Gelatin Free
- They are made with natural flavors and colors, nothing artificial
- Completely vegan! No milk, egg or even peanut or soy
- Delicious for both kids and adults
- Made in the USA in a GMP certified facility
Bamboo Crib Mattress Protector by Swaddlez Review
Babies are just about the cutest little creatures known to man. Fact. Babies are also some of the messiest creatures known to man. Also fact. And as fun as it can be to wash out a full baby crib mattress from a humungous poop explosion, it’s infinitely easier to just have on a mattress protector that you can throw into the washer. We always have a mattress protector on our crib mattress so let’s how the bamboo crib mattress protector by Swaddlez held up.
- This mattress protect is made from super soft bamboo, which is a naturally hypo-allergenic and antibacterial material
- Prevents (smelly) bacteria, dust mites and mold from growing on the baby’s mattress
- It is extremely absorbent!
- The bamboo viscose is a highly breathable material, which is good on many levels
- It’s perfect for both hot and cold out since it helps keep the baby at a more stable temperature
- Easily fit my crib mattress- made to fit any 52” by 28” mattresses- while still being snug
- Machine washable
- Water (and other baby liquid) proof
- 100% satisfaction money back guarantee
Amazon #Giveaway + Home Chef Review and $30 Off Coupon Code!
Wifey and I are slowly but surely getting hooked on the awesome convenience of subscription food boxes like Home Chef and Hello Fresh (see our Hello Fresh Review and $40 off discount code). I can’t stress how awesome it is getting fresh food delivered to us saving us the trip to the grocery store with a newborn. Home Chef has an interesting spin on the subscription box too, you get a lot more customization with them including options like vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and paleo to name a few. If you like eating restaurant quality food, you’d enjoy this one! Use the link below for the $30 discount!
- Choose the number of meals you want each week on their website
- All ingredients needed for those meals come straight to your door with free delivery on orders over $50 and no sales tax!
- Flexible subscription so you can skip any weeks you want
- The recipes are pictured and explained on color cards with step by step instructions, making even tricky meals seem easy to make
- All ingredients are pre-measured so you only have to chop and toss in, no guesswork required
- Choose what day of the week you want your food to arrive
- You can choose from specific diet options, including vegan- something other subscription boxes don’t do
- At less than $10 per meal, it’s a heck of a lot cheaper than going to a restaurant to eat
- For just $5 per person you can also add a nice bunch of fruits to your box!
- It saves us from going to the grocery, which is SO nice
- You basically make restaurant quality meals with Home Chef so it can save money from going out
- We have actually learned a ton of interesting new cooking techniques and have recreated many of the recipes on our own already
- Feels like a date night every night we make one of these
- Totally worth a try for $30 off- 3 free meals basically
$30 Discount: simply follow the link Here
Bottom Line: Signing up to Home Chef has been a ton of fun and I highly recommend it. This may just be our favorite subscription box yet I’ve already got my parents hooked on it! You can skip or cancel at any time so it’s a great idea to have a little fun and at least try it out for a week, especially for 3 free meals using the discount code! Warning: you may get addicted 😀 Continue Reading…
Sentey Headphone FLOW Review
I am always finding myself in need of new headphones for one reason or other. Either the quality is not good enough or they don’t quite fit my ears or I just can’t find them. Luckily for me I got a chance to get the Sentey FLOW headphones, which rectifies all of the complaints listed above. They came in a very stylish box that had me at “hello”. Let’s see if my initial impressions were accurate.
- Comes in a beautiful box that would make for a great gift!
- The headphones themselves look really nice
- Noise canceling foam covers
- The headphones are foldable for easier storage
- In-line mic allows for voice calls and gaming
- In-line control allows for one button call answer or song play/pause
- Flat cable design prevents tangles and knots in the chord
- Works on any standard 3.5mm device (i.e. iPhones, Tablets, gaming consoles, etc)
My Thoughts: Continue Reading…
GIVEAWAY! KitchenGizmos Deluxe Diamond Knife Sharpener
There’s an ancient saying about knives: a dull knife makes for a dull kitchen experience. It’s deep stuff, might take a while to sink in. Thankfully, due to the marvels of modern technology we have devised a way to make sure that your kitchen knives never go dull again. The technology I am speaking of is, of course, the KitchenGizmos Deluxe Diamond Knife Sharpener. I had the pleasure of testing one of these guys out this past weekend.
- 2 stage sharpening system: course and fine
- Fixed angle slots
- Professional grade quality sharpener
- Large handle with a safety bar that makes sure you never get harmed while sharpening
- Silicone anti-slip bottom
- Super fast sharpening in just a few swipes
- Lifetime Guarantee
Mother’s Day Gift Idea: Alite Advanced LED Plant Grow Light
Summer takes a very long time to arrive in the northern states. I love to garden, so one of my favorite ways to beat the endless-winter blues is to start seedlings inside and keep potted plants around to keep some green in our house year round. My indoor gardening selection is restricted by plants-that-are-not-poisonous-to-the-damn-cat (how I miss thee, tulips…) but even those give me a good selection to keep from going crazy. Our apartment doesn’t get a lot of morning light so I was very excited to get to try out the Alite Advanced LED Plant Grow Light to give my plants some extra TLC, just in time for my first Mother’s Day. If your mom/aunt/grandma loves to garden, keep reading to see if the Alite Advanced LED Plant Grow Light might be a winner for this year’s gift.
- Provides artificial sunlight for indoor plant cultivation
- 12 LED Lights (3 blue & 9 red) to provide optimum wavelengths for your plants
- Energy Efficient — lasts an average of 50,000 hours!
- Never overheats — designed for safe continuous usage
- Input Voltage: AC85 – 264V
- Lighting Area with One Bulb: 2-8 square feet
- Standare E27 socket (12V)
Cute and Cuddly Premium Pet Odor and Stain Removal Spray Review
Little puppies and kitties are outrageously cute. Just type in cute puppy or kitty into YouTube and say goodbye to the rest of your day. What they don’t tell you, or certainly not what they tell you nearly enough is that their outrageous cuteness is matched by their outrageous ability to make messes. Everywhere. All the time. So here is something that will save your life (or more likely your furniture and security deposit). It’s an enzyme odor and stain remover and all pet owners need this!
- Bio- enzymatic stain and odor removal
- Permanently removes stains and odors left by pets (doesn’t just mask them)
- 100% safe and does not include any chemicals that will harm either you or your pets
- Will not harm your floors or furniture
- Money back purchase so you get it risk free
Vegan Pasta Alfredo Recipe
Whether you are in the mood for a delicious pasta dish or just want some alfredo sauce without the saturated fat and cholesterol of the dairy-based version, you are in for a treat. Here is a quick and easy recipe for completely vegan, but more importantly, completely scrumptious alfredo sauce. With lots of good proteins, fats and nutrients, this recipe is very well rounded. Pour over your favorite pasta, add a veggie on the side and enjoy!
1 medium chopped onion
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3+ Cloves of garlic (the more the merrier)
¾ cup cashews
8oz silken tofu
¼ cup nutritional yeast
~2 cups of water or veggie stock
1Tbsp. lemon juice (it adds a surprisingly large amount of flavor)
Salt, pepper, garlic powder and Turmeric Continue Reading…
Kitchen Supreme Glass French Coffee & Tea Press Review
I grew up drinking tea from a glass tea press, but ended up going for the convenience of tea bags during and post college. Now I want to get back to drinking nice quality tea using tea leaves in a tea press to minimize the waste of the bags and drink better tea. So I really wanted to try out a nice glass French Press to get away from plastics and have much more flavorful and enjoyable experience, especially for me since I don’t need caffeine to stay awake and I just drink tea for the taste and comfort. I was fortunate enough to get to try out the Kitchen Supreme Glass French Press and wanted to share my experience.
- Comes in a bundle of the French Press, a stainless steel spoon, 4 filter screens, a coffee/tea scoop and a hardcopy of their Instructions and Barista Secrets book
- The container is glass with stainless steel micro-mesh filters
- Made from double borosilicate glass, which means that it is heat resistant and shock resistant so it will not crack
- Dishwasher safe
- Very nice looking chrome finish
- Makes 8 cups or 34oz, which is a perfect size
- Can be used with both coarse-ground coffee as well as loose tea leaves
- Has a no-drip spout
- Money back guarantee with full refund