Kiwi Citrus Smoothie Recipe
After purchasing about 5 pounds of kiwi’s from Costco (their smallest size), I realized that I need to figure out some new ways of eating them. So I came up with this super simple but very light and delicious smoothie. It still has my signature high calorie content from the oatmeal, but you can always take it out for something less filling.
3-4 Peeled Kiwis
3 Peeled Clementines
1 Unpeeled diced Apple
1 Cup rolled oats
1-2 Cups water or almond milk
1 Cup of ice
Add the oatmeal, clementines, kiwis, cut up apple, water/almond milk and then ice in that order. You always want to fill up the blender from smallest to biggest sized pieces, with anything frozen at the end for best results. I also add in some hemp hearts and wheat germ for added protein and nutrition. Blend on high until the smoothie is light, airy and smooth. It’s very refreshing and different from the usual smoothies.
NorthONE Digital Tire Pressure Gauge Review!
Living in NYC, I rarely worried about things like my car’s tire pressure. Living in the suburbs of CT, however, it’s something I think about a lot. Not having properly inflated tires is bad for gas mileage, makes you more likely to snag nails/get flats and can be flat out dangerous. With winter temperatures condensing air, it’s even more important to make sure that your tires are properly inflated. I used to have one of those cheap stick pressure gauges but I thought it was time for an upgrade to a more accurate digital gauge, namely the NorthONE Digital Tire Pressure Gauge.
- Quick and accurate tire pressure readouts
- Nice green backlit digital display that is easy to read, even at night
- 4 pressure settings to choose from: PSI, Bar, Kpa, or kg/cm
- Extremely simple one-button design to turn the gauge on/off and to change modes
- Has a convenient auto-shut off to save battery life
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
AYL StarLight 300 Lumens LED Ultra Bright Lantern Review!
I’ve been learning a lot about life outside the city since we moved from Brooklyn about 6 months ago. One biggie I have noticed is that it actually gets pitch black here during the night without constant lamp posts glaring everywhere. Turns out that having flashlights around can be extremely useful, particularly in these winter months where the sun goes down so early. I was extremely happy to test out this AYL StarLight LED Lantern and see how it worked in my new environment.
- Guaranteed 100,000 hours of lifetime use!
- 6 full days of power with continuous use
- 300 Lumens output, which means that it’s quite bright
- Lightweight design for easy handling
- Water resistant so you can use it in the rain or snow
- Designed with a hook at the bottom so you can hang it anywhere that’s convenient
- 3 lighting modes: low, high and flashing
- This is a must have if you don’t live in the city and is handy even if you do
- I really liked the 3 settings so you can adjust the amount of light you need. The flashing setting is great if you are ever pulled over at the side of the road
- The lantern is actually a lot smaller than the picture would suggest, it’s very light and easy to carry around or store away
- The water resistant design made me feel very comfortable using it outside in the rain/snow (when it’s not completely pouring out)
- The LED’s are super bright and eat up so little battery life that this will last a long long time, which is great because I don’t always have D batteries handy
- Very convenient to have around the house, in the trunk of a car, camping, etc.
Super Hemp Raw Shelled Organic Hemp Seeds Review!
I love different little nutritious goodies that I can add my oatmeal, smoothies and other assorted breakfasts. So it’s no surprise that I like hemp seeds. They add a very delicious nutty bit of flavor, texture and visual appeal that make something that is already good and make it amazing. I was more than happy to try out Super Hemp Raw Shelled Organic Hemp Seeds to taste test and see how they compare to some of the other ones on the market.
- USDA Certified Organic
- Contains Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids in a balanced 3 to 1 ratio, which is ideal for brain and heart health
- Contains 20 amino acids including the 9 essential ones
- Natural appetite suppressant, so you stay more full for longer periods of time
- Has both soluble and insoluble fiber
- Does not contain oligosaccharides, which causes upset stomachs and gassiness
Strawberry Sweetheart Smoothie
Show your significant other some love with this decadent tasting but still healthy smoothie! Hubby thinks it tastes like drinkable ice cream and it’s almost like having a milkshake for breakfast but way healthier. Perfect for Valentine’s Day or just adding some love to a dreary winter morning.
Serves 2 (you and your hunny!)
2 c. unsweetened almond milk
2 bananas, sliced
2 c. frozen strawberries
2 T. peanut butter
1 scoop Garden of Life RAW Organic Meal – Chocolate*
Add to blender in order listed. Blend slowly and then turn up to high until desired consistency is reached. Pour into two glasses and add straws. Enjoy!
*2 T. unsweetened cocoa or 1 scoop of any vegan chocolate protein powder can also be substituted.
Sweetheart Sugar Scrub with Pure Body Naturals Peppermint Oil
Nothing says sweet like a sugar scrub! Easy to make and always appreciated, sugar scrubs are a foolproof DIY that make great gifts for any occasion. Peppermint oil and a few drops of red food dye make this recipe perfect for Valentine’s Day gifting. Peppermint provides a great pick-me-up during a dreary time of year and is a good gender-neutral scent so you can make one batch for all of your valentines.
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 2-3 drops Peppermint Essential Oil*
- 2-3 drops red food coloring (optional)
Instructions Continue Reading…
Creamy Vegan Broccoli Mushroom Soup Recipe
With the temperatures dipping faster than oil prices, it’s a great time to make warm delicious soup. One of our more recent recipe acquisitions has quickly become a favorite, and for good reason too. It takes very little time to make, packs a mean nutritious punch and tastes so damn good. The flavor is rich and the texture is extremely light. Highly recommended.
1 Large chopped onion
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Cloves of garlic
8 oz fresh mushrooms (any kind)
16 oz fresh or frozen broccoli
1 Can white, navy or pinto beans
2 Cups veggie stock
1 Cup water
Citrus Lane Subscription Box for Baby Review – Newborn Box – December 2014
It’s that time again… the December Citrus Lane Subscription Box is here! Read below to see what goodies were included and then feel free to click my link for a special discount on your own subscription!
Included in the December 2014 Box:
- Scrappy Elephant from Under the Nile
- Little Hoot from Chronicle Books
- Hitch from Boon
- Handprint Keepsake from Pearhead
Scrappy Elephant from Under the Nile
I love the heart print of this toy – even though this was the Christmas box, I think it will make for adorable first St. Valentine’s Day photos with our little one. The elephant is made of 100% organic cotton scraps left over from clothing production so it’s eco-friendly too. Add to the fact that it’s machine washable and this one is a keeper. Continue Reading…
Strawberry Oatmeal Spinach Banana Smoothie Recipe
By Donat a/k/a The Vegan Hubby
I like nice hearty but delicious smoothies. A lot. Mainly because they have more calories and actually fill me up instead of just leaving a pleasant taste in my mouth. So I devised this little concoction for a scrumptious and satisfying smoothie. Serves about 4 people, or 1 of me.
1 Cup old fashioned oats
2 Tbsp. flax seeds
½ Packet of tofu
2 Cups fresh spinach
1 peeled banana
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger
1 ½ Cups frozen strawberries
1 Cup of ice
2 Cups water or almond milk
Spa Day: InstaNatural Argan Oil, Argan Oil Hair Mask, and Vitamin-C Serum
InstaNatural is a leading online and global distributor of more than a dozen nature inspired beauty and cosmetics products and one of my new favorite beauty brands. You can find their products online and at top spas, salons and aesthetic centers across the United States and internationally in UAE, UK and Canada (coming soon!). InstaNatural was kind enough to send us three (!) products to try: Argan Oil, Argan Oil Hair Mask, and Vitamin-C serum.
Another Argan Oil? Yep. Now that I’m entering the final weeks of my pregnancy, my skin needs all the moisturizing help it can get to make the last big stretch. InstaNatural Organic Argan oil is perfect because:
- One Ingredient: 100% Pure Certified Organic Virgin Argan Oil (Argania Spinosa)
- Can be used on skin, hair, and nails (multi-use!)
- Great for preventing cracked heels in winter (never thought of this before, but great idea)
- Large 4oz pump jar
- Not tested on animals
- USDA Organic and Eco-Cert certified
- InstaNatural offers a Lifetime Money Back Guarentee
The jar is a great size, the oil is of good quality, and I’m all for a product that does multiple duties (hands, face, skin, hair, nails, etc.). Get your own here!
Argan Oil Hair Mask Continue Reading…