Foxbrim Total Hair Repair Oil [Natural & Organic]
While I definitely appreciate the low humidity (read: low frizz) of the winter months, I’m not a fan of the dry, dull hair that can result. Foxbrim Total Repair Oil promises to restore hair to a soft, shiny, frizz-free state. Does it deliver? Read on to find out!
- Made with 100% plant oils including jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil, organic argan oil, sunflower oil, and grapeseed oil
- Also includes shea butter and panthenol (vitamin B5)
- Can be used as a pretreatment before you shampoo or as a finishing oil
- Comes in convenient 4oz glass pump bottle
- Made in the USA
- Foxbrim proudly provides you a 100% Money-Back Guarantee
Foxbrim’s Total Hair Repair Oil can be used either as a hair repair treatment before shampooing or as a finishing/shine oil when styling hair. While I’m very familiar using oils during styling, I had never tried using oils as a deep conditioning pretreatment. To use as a pretreatment, Foxbrim recommends pumping a small amount into palms and applying evenly on hair (as much as needed, depending on your hair length). Leave on 10 minutes, 2 hours, or overnight and shampoo as usual. Continue Reading…
Is Your Kitty Licensed to Drive? PetIDMe Personalized Pet ID Tags Review
PetIDMe offered me the opportunity to review one of their Personalized Driver’s License Pet ID tages. I chose to get a Connecticut License ID tag for our kitty Archie. After supplying PetIDMe with all of Archie’s info and mug shot, I received his ID tag in the mail very quickly. Hubby and I just got new licenses when we moved from NYC to CT this year and I was pleasantly surprised at how well Archie’s new ID tag matches our actual design.
- Personalized with your pet’s name, address (optional), DOB, breed, your phone number, height, weight, eye and hair (fur) color
- Waterproof and made of durable aluminum
- Tag measures 1 1/8″ x 1 7/8″ x 0.40″
- Available for all 50 States & Canadian Provinces
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed, and a 365 Day Return Policy
- Hand made to order in the USA
The size of the tag is small and light enough to work for cats and small-breed dogs but big enough to legibly include key information. The tag is cute and functional — my phone number is included so that anyone who finds him could easily call and return him. While Archie is microchipped, having more than one way for him to be returned to us just makes sense. He’s an indoor only kitty but you never know if he could get out. Continue Reading…
Azure Naturals ULTIMATE ARGAN 100% Organic Virgin Argan Oil Review
I’ve been a big fan of argan oil for several years now and have tried several different brands. While many brands claim to be “natural”, finding a reasonably priced argan oil that’s actually organic is surprisingly difficult. I was happy to receive Azure Naturals ULTIMATE ARGAN 100% Organic Virgin Argan Oil to review.
- 100% Pure Organic Moroccan Argan Oil
- Argan Oil is an incredibly rich natural source of powerful anti-oxidants such as Vitamin E and Ferulic Acid as well as other essential fatty acids including Oleic, Palmitic, and Linoleic Acids
- Ultra-lightweight, non-greasy, and quickly absorbed
- For use on both skin and hair for conditioning and anti-aging
- Uses include: nourishing dry skin, minimizing wrinkles, soften cuticles, treat split ends, eliminate frizz, create a dewy glow on skin
- Certified organic by Ecocert, the U.S.D.A., and the European Union.
- Azure Naturals offers a 365-day, 100% Hassle-Free, Money Back Guarantee
- Product comes in a convenient 2oz glass pump bottle
- Imported from Morocco
My Thoughts: Continue Reading…
The Beauty of a Pregnant Woman (a Man’s Perspective)
Written by Donat a/k/a The Vegan Hubby
The “horrors” of pregnancy are all well documented in TV shows, movies and even by family and friends. However, there is a side of pregnancy that seems to be completely overlooked and grossly underrepresented, the beautiful side.
As a first time father-to-be and basically the first one of my friends to have a pregnant wife, I did not quite know what was in store for me. My guard was up and I was getting prepared for the worst because the only information that I did have came from stereotypes and television. Common perception seems to be that I should have expected an overly emotional, unreasonable, demanding and half crippled pregnant wife. What I came to find was basically the exact opposite. These “common” expectations were so far off that it’s rather astounding really!
Considering the several billion people currently alive, I feel like there should be much more accurate information available for both men and women. Perhaps it is the small percentage of women who have a rough pregnancy whose voice is heard more often and more readily remembered. Maybe it just makes for better TV and stories if lots of drama is involved. It could be that people’s expectations are off going into pregnancy or even that some women just use pregnancy as a get out of jail free card and letting their inner child take over. Whatever the reason is, I think it would be incredibly beneficial for both men and women to hear a positive first-hand experience instead of the usual drama fest. Continue Reading…
Organic Kiss Me Matcha Green Tea Powder Review!
While I have a decent amount of experience with different kinds of tea, I have yet to experience Matcha. That is, of course, until we kindly received some from the company. I read up on Matcha before trying it to have a better understanding of what it is and I was nothing short of impressed. Matcha is basically high quality green tea leaf powder and it touts an enormous amount of health benefits so I was totally on board for giving it a good test run. Let’s see how it panned out!
- Kiss Me Matcha is certified organic and comes directly from Japan
- Recognized by the United Nations as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System
- Their Japanese tea farm has been operating since 1915 by one multi-generational family
- Matcha has up to 137 times the antioxidants of brewed green tea!
- Acts as both a stimulant and a relaxant
- Boosts the metabolism
- Improves skin health
- 100% first harvest tea leaves
- 110% Money Back Guarantee – a no-hassle, no-questions-asked refund
My Thoughts: Continue Reading…
Foxbrim Organic 100% Pure Argan Oil Review
- One simple ingredient: 100% Pure Argania Spinosa (Argan Oil) Kernel Oil
- USDA certified organic
- Sourced from Morocco
- NO additives parabens, silicones fillers or fragrances
- Natural moisturizer without leaving skin feeling oily
- Many uses, including:
- HAIR: leave-in conditioner, shine serum, detangler, frizz treatment
- SKIN: moisturizer, stretch marks treatment, lessen redness, pre-shave oil
- LIPS: natural lip moisturizer
- NAILS: cuticle repair
- Comes in glass 2 oz bottle with easy to use dropper
I love how soft and silky Foxbrim Organic 100% Pure Argan Oil leaves my hair feeling. I massage in 3 drops or so from ends to roots while my hair is towel dried and my hair dries soft and easy to manage. I’ve also tried adding a drop or two to my usual deep conditioner and found it leaves my hair extra moisturized. Continue Reading…
Baby Rockstar – Lullaby Renditions Of Frozen Review
By now, I’m sure you’ve heard of a little movie called Frozen. With how far and fast Frozen has permeated popular culture, it’s hard to believe that we first heard songs like “Let It Go” and “Do You Want to Build a Snowman” only a year ago (the movie was released in November 2013). I have to admit, I love both the movie and the soundtrack so I was excited to receive Baby Rockstar – Lullaby Renditions Of Frozen CD to review.
Baby Rockstar releases ignite a musical curiosity in your little ones and will be favorites of young children, and their parents, for years to come!
Baby Rockstar – Lullaby Renditions Of Frozen CD features Disney’s Frozen soundtrack melodies played with soothing bells mixed with sleepy tones and light percussive effects designed to wind little ones down for bed
- Frozen Heart
- Do You Want to Build a Snowman
- For the First Time in Forever
- Love Is an Open Door
- Let It Go
- Reindeers Are Better Than People
- In Summer
- For the First Time in Forever (Reprise)
- Fixer Upper
- Heimr Arnadalr
My Thoughts: Continue Reading…
Vegan Hot Cocoa for One (Merry Christmas to Me)
There’s nothing like a steaming mug of hot cocoa to bring a warm and fuzzy feeling to the Christmas season. Whether you’re decorating the tree, watching holiday movies with family, or stuck at the office on a rainy day, a mug of hot cocoa is sure to brighten your day. Unfortunately, most hot cocoas on the market contain not-so-merry ingredients like whey, corn syrup solids, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, and artificial flavors that will leave you with a belly that shakes like a bowl full of jelly (it’s only cute on Santa, honey). Even the “premium” ones with shiny packaging and price tags to match contain questionable ingredients. Fortunately, homemade hot cocoa is incredibly easy to make and easy to customize to your tastes.
1 c. unsweetened almond milk
2 T. cocoa powder
1 T. brown sugar, loosely packed
1/4 t. vanilla extract
1/4 t. cinnamon
1-2 vegan marshmallows, chopped into quarters (optional)
Recipe: Continue Reading…
Body Merry Stretch Marks & Scars Defense Cream Review
While I’m happy and awed by the ways my body is stretching to support our growing bambino, I definitely don’t need stretch marks to remind me of my pregnancy. Of course, precisely because I’m pregnant, I’m being very careful about what ingredients make it on to my skin or into my mouth to help keep baby-to-be as safe and healthy as possible. Body Merry Stretch Marks & Scars Defense Cream is made to help prevent and treat stretch marks during pregnancy using natural and organic ingredients.
- Made with natural and organic ingredients, including Organic Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Vitamins E + C + B3 + B5, Sunflower Seed Oil, Plant Stem Cells, Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Raspberry Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Organic Gotu Kala, Algae Extract and Japanese Green Tea Leaf Extract
- No harsh ingredients – free of Parabens, Sulphates, and Phthalates
- Improves your skin’s elasticity to prevent new tears and marks from forming
- Great for the whole family to prevent and reduce stretch marks and scars
- Convenient 4 oz jar
- Proudly made in the USA
- Not tested on animals
- 90 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee from Body Merry
Guys Can’t Be Vegans!
Written by Donat a/k/a The Vegan Hubby
I’ve been directly told this statement quite a number of times over the past few years, and perhaps I even believed it myself at one point, but is it really true?
So guys can’t be vegans. Or so I’m told. But why not? Sure there are physiological differences between men and women but are they so stark that they have to eat completely different diets? Some of the arguments that I’ve heard are:
a) “Men need more protein!”
b) “There are things [emphasis mine] inside meat that your body NEEDS that you can’t get elsewhere”
c) “What about eggs?!? There’s nothing wrong with eggs!”
d) “Cows get mastitis if they are not milked. You are hurting cows!”
e) “It’s just not natural!”
There are many many more similar reasons that I have been told as reasons for why I, as a man, cannot be healthy as a vegan but let’s explore these for now: Continue Reading…