Most people I know look forward to “springing ahead” for Daylight Savings with the same dread applied to a root canal. I am the odd one out who actually looks forward to the time change, even with one less precious hour of sleep (how much am I really sleeping with a 1 month old anyway?). Here are five reasons why losing the hour is actually a positive:
1. Daylight when you get home from work (and more each day!). Commuting home before the sun has set makes work seem shorter and tasks like working out and making dinner seem more manageable.
2. If you are woken up by furry alarm clocks with no snooze buttons (ours are named Shane and Archie), springing ahead means they wake you up an hour later. At least for a few days…
3. Springing ahead means Spring is right around the corner. Considering we’ve had snow on the ground here in CT for a solid two months, I am so ready to see some green and get outside again.
4. It may reduce your electric bill — if you need one less hour of lights in the evening, you may see a dip in usage after Daylight Savings. This one is a bit of a stretch (you may use more electricity before work instead, etc.) but is still something to focus on if coffee isn’t enough to get you through the first few sleepy days after the time change.
5. No “springing ahead” for an entire year! Plus, you get an extra hour back on November 1st.
Seeds of Love Greeting Cards (10 Pack) Review
In the spirit of Spring, I was very happy to receive Seeds of Love Greeting Cards to review. Thinking of gardening when the windchill put the temperature below 0 degrees F is relaxing and helps me keep my sanity 🙂
- Pack contains 10 “greeting cards” of organic flower seeds with different messages (Happy Birthday, Happy Holidays, Congratulations, Thank you, and I love you etc.)
- USDA certified Organic Non-GMO seeds
- Each envelope contains Delphinium, Zinnia Mix, Calendula, Celosia, or Sunflower Mix seeds
- The 10 packages are in a cute box so they would also work well as a gift all together
I love these cards! They are a great spin on the traditional greeting card. There’s no space to write an additional message so I’ve been slipping them inside envelopes with a handwritten card (Happy Birthday Grandma!) or using them as gift tags on packages for a little something extra. I’m having a lot of fun giving them away but will also keep one or two for my own garden. I love that the seeds are organic and non-GMO — something I can feel good about giving and using.
Bottom Line: I would recommend these to a friend – great idea for a product!
Get your own on Amazon (affiliate link!): SEEDS OF LOVE – Colorful Mix of Organic Flower Seeds Packed in 10 Greeting Cards by VREMI TM
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. This post contains Affiliate Links.