Nothing says sweet like a sugar scrub! Easy to make and always appreciated, sugar scrubs are a foolproof DIY that make great gifts for any occasion. Peppermint oil and a few drops of red food dye make this recipe perfect for Valentine’s Day gifting. Peppermint provides a great pick-me-up during a dreary time of year and is a good gender-neutral scent so you can make one batch for all of your valentines.
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 2-3 drops Peppermint Essential Oil*
- 2-3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- Mix peppermint essential oil into olive oil.
- Combine with sugar in mixing bowl.
- Add food coloring to achieve your desired shade.
- Fill mason jars or other airtight containers.
- Olive oil will give the scrub a greenish tint — if this bothers you, almond, grape seed, or coconut oils can be substituted
Pure Body Naturals Peppermint Essential Oil*
For this recipe, I used Pure Body Naturals Peppermint Essential Oil.
- 1 ingredient: 100% Pure and Natural Peppermint Essential Oil
- Steam-distilled from leaves of the Menthapiperita (peppermint) plant
- Natural and non-toxic
- Large 4 oz bottle with glass dropper
- Suitable for vegans (no animal testing!)
- Uses of peppermint oil:
- Headache and migraine relief
- Ease respiratory problems
- Soothing the mind and body with aromatherapy
- And more!
I love the fresh, clear scent of Pure Naturals Peppermint Essential Oil. The 4 oz bottle will last me quite awhile and the glass dropper is a nice touch. It’s important to me that my health and beauty products be safe, effective, and cruelty-free and Pure Naturals Peppermint Essential Oil fits the bill. Ready to whip up your own batch of Sweetheart Sugar Scrub? Click here to order your own bottle of Pure Naturals Peppermint Oil on Amazon!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.